With the Forum and CMS Post Notifier Module of 123 Flash Chat (New Post Notifier module for short), you can integrate your forum or CMS system with any chat room of 123 Flash Chat. Therefore when a new post is delivered or replied on your website, your chat users in those rooms will get a messenger alert with information of the post.
Now the New Post Notifier module supports almost all popular forum or CMS systems, including vBulletin, Joomla, phpBB and IPB, etc. And more modules are coming soon.
It will help you to integrate the entire site all in one, and meanwhile helps your chat users to be practically kept posted with the dynamic update of the site.
1. It can be enabled in defined chat rooms.
2. You can decide what changes will be shown in chat rooms, new post, new reply or even new edit.
3. The content of message can be customized by your own.
4. Image in post can also be shown in chat room.
5. You can change the color of messages as you like.
How to configure it?
1. Configure in the Admin Panel.
Enable New Post Notifier: It is selected by default.
Allow Access IP Address*: IP Address for the server where your Forum or CMS system is built on.
Frequency of Sending a Message (1 minute): Upper limit of chat room post notice per minute.
API Password: It is used to match the password on the server where your Forum or CMS system located. If you leave it empty, no password validation is required.
2. Make relevant settings in your forum and CMS system.
We have already written the special modules about integrating Joomla, vBulletin, phpBB and IPB with 123 Flash Chat Software as examples for you. If you are using anyone of the 4 above, please follow the readme in file. If not, please contact us for further development.
A Demonstration of Configuration (with phpBB)
1. Enable the New Post Notifier Module and configure it in admin panel.
2. Make relevant settings in phpBB.
3. Submit a new post in the phpBB forum.
4. Chat users in the defined rooms are noticed about the new post with a message.